Working in collaboration with clients to identify, acknowledge and normalise their concerns and situation, I draw on a number of therapies and approaches. I strive to create and maintain a respectful and supportive environment in which clients can explore the four Rs: Review, Reflect, Reframe and Re-write to edit their stories.
Individual / Couple / Family
Counselling is conducted in a safe, comfortable and respectful environment. I take the time to understand and recognise how your current situation is preventing you from living the life you want to lead. I will assist you to write your own story....
- Face to Face
Small groups provide a cost effective treatment option with the added benefit of hearing from others with similar experiences. The group sessions focus on a particular Topic, are evidence based and follow a structured format.
Scheduled Groups for 2018:
- Me&IVF Support Group for Single women
- Me&IVF Support Group for Couples
- Surviving as a Highly Senstive Person
- Relationship Transformation in a Patricarchal Society
- I am emotional and that's OK!
Area of Sepciality:
- Developing an improved awareness of the self and others
- Relationship Difficulties and Challenges
- Pre-Marital and Marital Counselling
- Fertility concerns, including IVF Treatment
- Anxiety, Stress and Depression
- Grief and Loss
- Improving Communication
- Mediating Conflict and Misunderstandings
- Bullying and Harassment
- Life Transitions and Changes
- Parenting Skills
- Solution-Focused Therapy - focuses on chunking concerns and challenges how to manage.
- Interpersonal Therapy - works on the strengths and weakness of the individual.
- Narrative Therapy - identifies your story, influenced and developed through life experiences.
- Relational Life Therapy - offers a direct interaction with clients in their relational lives.
- Emotion Focused Therapy - explores how emotions influence our experiences.
- Attachment Therapy - explores how our early attachment styles influence the life cycle.
- Mindfulness - becoming aware of the here and now and choosing our thoughts and emotions.
- Supportive Expressive Therapy - identify, acknowledge and normalise concerns through expression.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) - looks at how thoughts influence the way we behave.